National Express Transit (NEXT) Donates Vehicle to Housing Forward
LISLE and CHICAGO, IL—CDT, owned by National Express Transit (NEXT), proudly donated a caravan vehicle to Housing Forward, a non-profit committed to transitioning people from housing crisis to housing stability. The vehicle donation will be used to support their Hotel to Home Initiative.
With the Hotel to Home Initiative, Housing Forward has committed to transitioning 110 individuals from temporary emergency accommodations into permanent residences by the end of September 2020. Due to COVID-19, these individuals were moved from their previous congregate shelter settings into temporary accommodations. Housing Forward will also be providing a Hotel to Home Kit to each one of them. These kits will help individuals transition into their new home by providing them with basic home essentials, such as towels, dishes, and bed sheets.
With multiple temporary shelter locations, the vehicle donation provided by National Express Transit will help Housing Forward deliver food and supplies to individuals and families, as well as distribute Hotel to Home Kits once they have moved into their new residences.
“Housing Forward is thrilled to receive the van donation from National Express Transit. It could not have come at a better time. This donation will be essential to the success of our Hotel to Home program,” said Erik Johnson, director of development and communications for Housing Forward. “We are very grateful for the support of corporate partners like National Express Transit.”
“As a transportation provider, we understand the importance of stability, and helping individuals maintain their independence,” said Mark Foster, senior vice president of National Express Transit. “This pandemic has affected the lives of so many, and we are honored to support Housing Forward’s Hotel to Home initiative, as well as their future efforts, with our donation as they continue to make a significant difference in the lives of others.”
After more than 28 years, Housing Forward continues to create new opportunities and programs to help provide people experiencing homelessness and at risk of homelessness, who are in need of permanent and temporary shelter services. For more information about Housing Forward and their programs, please visit www.housingforward.org.
- WeDriveU to Support the University of Pennsylvania’s On-Demand Campus Shuttles
- National Express Transit Awarded New Five-Year Partnership with GRTC Transit System in Virginia
- National Express Shuttle and Transit Business Announces Leadership Appointments to Accelerate Growth of Sustainable Mobility Solutions
- National Express Transit Vice President of Customer Success Reno Navarette Elected to Serve on Arizona Transit Association’s Board of Directors
- National Express Elevates Electric Vehicle (EV) Expertise with Customized Maintenance Training Program Provided by Proterra
- infographics (2)
- News (17)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (15)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (24)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (30)
- Transit Company (8)
- Transportation Technology (9)
- paratransit (8)
- Uncategorized (12)
- transportation services (10)
- Partnerships (3)