National Express Transit (NEXT) Awarded Seven Year Paratransit Contract with Pace Bus in South Cook County/Chicago, Illinois
LISLE, IL–National Express Transit (NEXT) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a seven year service contract with Pace Bus, covering routes South Cook County/Chicago, Illinois. 217,000 service hours are expected in year one and will include all Paratransit service. This paratransit contract increases our growing partnership with Pace. A new facility will open in Lansing, Illinois and the contract will begin on August 1, 2019. Pace will be providing 82 buses for the fleet and it is expected that we will hire approximately 150 drivers and 20 staff members.
There will be a hiring event to be held June 4 and 5, 2019 at the Lan-Oak Park District (2550 178th St, Lansing, IL 60438). This event will serve as a meet and greet for current team members as well as an opportunity to conduct in-person interviews.
“We are thrilled to continue our partnership with Pace. In addition to our current contract serving the Chicagoland community, this paratransit service will aid in continuing to cater to our customers’ growing needs. It is an honor to be aligned with Pace and we look forward to beginning this new contract in August”, said Judith Crawford, CEO of National Express Transit.
About National Express
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. As a worldwide leader in Fixed Route and Paratransit solutions, National Express Transit (NEXT) has the experience and expertise to make sure there are no bumps along the way. As a subsidiary of National Express Group, we are backed by the strength and history of one of the world’s leading transit companies.
Pace Suburban Bus is the nation’s premier suburban transit provider, safely and efficiently moving people to work, school, and other regional destinations. Pace’s family of public transportation service offers affordable and environmentally responsible transit options for the residents of 284 municipalities in Cook, Will, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties. The backbone of Chicago’s suburbs, Pace serves more than a hundred thousand daily riders. One of the largest bus services in North America, Pace covers 3,446 square miles, an area nearly the size of the state of Connecticut and about 15 times the size of the City of Chicago. Pace’s innovative approach to public transportation gives the agency a national reputation as an industry leader.
Contact: Edward Flavin
- In Celebration of Earth Day, National Express Continues to be a Trailblazer in its Role as an Environmentally Responsible Transportation Partner
- National Express Taps Transportation Industry Veteran Nick Voisard to Lead its Broad-Ranging Electric Vehicle (EV) Initiatives Throughout North America
- National Express and Latinos In Transit Team to Expand Career Opportunities in Transportation
- National Express Transit Welcomes Veteran Transportation Executive, John King, as Senior Vice President of Business Development
- GoDurham Innovates its Way Through Driver Shortage for ADA Paratransit – Increases Rider Satisfaction with Lower Costs
- infographics (2)
- News (14)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (15)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (24)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (29)
- Transit Company (8)
- Transportation Technology (9)
- paratransit (7)
- Uncategorized (12)
- transportation services (10)
- Partnerships (1)