MBTA Extends National Express Paratransit Contract for Five Additional Years
Boston, MA–Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) selected National Express Transit Corp. to continue providing paratransit services as THE RIDE in the MBTA’s South Service Area. The five-year base contract, with a two-year option, has a total value of more than $422 million over seven years. The Ride’s work will be split amongst three providers, including National Express. This new contract awards National Express Transit with more business than any of the other two vendors. The Company was awarded 50% of the entire Ride program, another contractor was awarded 30%, and the other was awarded the remaining 20%.
In the past year, National Express Transit transported nearly 600,000 ADA-eligible passengers on behalf of the MBTA, with the number expected to gradually increase over the term of the new contract. The South Service Area serves more than 20 municipalities, towns and other areas in addition to the City of Boston.
“The MBTA has been a staple in the Greater Boston Community for many years, and we are honored to be awarded this new contract. We will be ramping up our fleet from 235 vehicles to 384 (equates to a 63.4% increase), demonstrating what a significant win this partnership is for our team”, said Judith Crawford, CEO, Transit and Shuttle.
- National Express Transit Corp Acquires Fox Bus Lines Inc., also known as Silver Fox
- Michigan Customer Service Center Renewed for Prestigious Blue Seal of Excellence Award
- Who is National Express Transit?
- MBTA Extends National Express Paratransit Contract for Five Additional Years
- Why is MaaS Important? [Infographic]
- infographics (2)
- News (9)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (15)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (24)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (27)
- Transit Company (8)
- Transportation Technology (9)
- paratransit (6)
- Uncategorized (4)
- transportation services (10)