BURLINGAME, Calif., and LISLE, Ill., April 11, 2019 – WeDriveU, Inc., the leader in transportation solutions specializing in corporate and university shuttles, today announced that National Express Group Holdings Limited has made a strategic investment in WeDriveU. National Express Group Holdings is a subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. Serving 30M combined annual passengers, the deal enables customers to leverage the resources, best practices and safety commitment of both transportation industry leaders.
The investment represents a 60% stake in WeDriveU, which will continue to operate independently under the leadership of WeDriveU’s Chairman, CEO and Founder, Dennis Carlson. The remaining WeDriveU shares are held by Dennis Carlson and the senior management team, who will remain in place to oversee the next phase of expansion.
With the announcement, National Express is launching a new Shuttle division operated by WeDriveU:
- School: The second largest provider of outsourced student transportation services in North America, operating under Durham School Services, Petermann, Stock Transportation, Matthews Bus and other brands.
- Transit: The fastest-growing transit company in North America offers fixed route, paratransit and ADA solutions.
- Shuttle: Led by WeDriveU, this new division specializes in private shuttle solutions for workplaces and campuses.
WeDriveU announced leadership team appointments in conjunction with today’s announcement:
- WeDriveU Chairman, CEO and Founder Dennis Carlson will also serve as CEO of the National Express Shuttle division.
- Erick Van Wagenen is being appointed President & Chief Operating Officer of WeDriveU with responsibility for Customer Success, People, Safety, Technology and Operations.
- Tim Wayland is being appointed Chief Commercial Officer of WeDriveU with responsibility for Sales, Marketing and Fleet.
- Pat McConn, Chief Financial Officer, will continue in his current role.
“Together, WeDriveU and National Express are uniquely positioned to deliver innovative shuttle solutions that reduce parking demand, improve access to public transit and boost productivity,” said Dennis Carlson, Chairman and CEO, WeDriveU. “Teaming with National Express will enable customers to benefit from our global transportation expertise, shared commitment to safety and passion for delivering an outstanding passenger experience. We’re very excited about this next stage of growth.”
“I am delighted WeDriveU is joining National Express as part of our strategic investment program,” said Dean Finch, CEO of National Express Group. “As our new shuttle division, WeDriveU provides the opportunity for expansion into a fast-growing market. I am very impressed by WeDriveU’s commitment to safety and customer service, mirroring our own. I look forward to working with Dennis and his team to deliver their existing growth plans and take advantage of additional, complementary opportunities as part of National Express Group.”
WeDriveU is the leader in transportation solutions, specializing in corporate and university shuttles serving 7 million annual passengers nationwide, including the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, Austin and Boston. Recognized as a pioneer in mobility, WeDriveU is a strategic partner to the world’s top brands, with client programs that consistently earn awards for excellence in commuting and sustainability, including distinction as Best Workplaces for Commuters. WeDriveU has proudly served customers for more than 30 years and is a member of the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT), APTA (American Public Transit Association) and United Motorcoach Association (UMA). www.wedriveu.com
About National Express, LLC
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the UK. NELLC organizations share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. NELLC’s home-to-school companies operate more than 22,500 school buses, serve more than 600 school districts in 30 states and three provinces, and transport more than 1.2 million students on a daily basis. Transit operations transport more than 20 million passengers annually with more than 3,000 vehicles. NELLC Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than 7 million corporate and university passengers annually. Headquartered in Lisle, Illinois, NELLC has 250+ local customer service centers (CSCs) supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America. www.nellc.com/www.nationalexpressgroup.com/
- Michigan Customer Service Center Renewed for Prestigious Blue Seal of Excellence Award
- Who is National Express Transit?
- MBTA Extends National Express Paratransit Contract for Five Additional Years
- Why is MaaS Important? [Infographic]
- The Future of Public Transportation in America
- infographics (2)
- News (9)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (15)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (24)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (27)
- Transit Company (8)
- Transportation Technology (9)
- paratransit (6)
- Uncategorized (3)
- transportation services (10)