When a transit contract is coming to its end, and it's time to entertain proposals from potential transit contractors, it's often considered less risky to choose the incumbent contractor for the new period, due to familiarity with that company's personnel, processes, and past history of performance. But switching from the current contractor to a new one can offer some benefits to the transit agency, which can range from cost savings, increased efficiency and performance, and improved technology, along with the potential for a new contractor to overdeliver in order to retain the new contract.
Transit agencies have always been at the mercy of market forces, balancing viable transportation technologies with rider demand and, of course, successful business practices. One way that this balance has been addressed has been through the adoption of economical propulsion technologies, such as CNG (compressed natural gas).
Public transit agencies, in a bid to increase their performance, safety, and customer satisfaction levels, while also reducing costs, may opt to use transit contractors, such as National Express Transit, to provide vehicles, drivers, managers, and other employees, and additional critical resources. The use of transit contractors can offer a range of benefits to transit agencies, and these public/private arrangements may help increase the overall agency performance.
- Bus Driver Reached One Million Mile Club Status
- 5 Critical Advantages of Proper Fleet Management
- Kango Announces $3.6 Million Series A Funding Led by National Express LLC.
- 4 Emerging Trends in Transportation
- National Express Transit (NEXT) Awarded Seven Year Paratransit Contract with Pace Bus in South Cook County/Chicago, Illinois
- infographics (1)
- News (9)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (14)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (23)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (27)
- Transit Company (7)
- Transportation Technology (8)
- paratransit (6)
- Uncategorized (1)
- transportation services (10)