Public transportation is the lifeblood of most U.S. cities and metropolitan areas. Tens of millions of people rely on buses, trains, and light rail to travel.
Transit agencies have always been at the mercy of market forces, balancing viable transportation technologies with rider demand and, of course, successful business practices. One way that this balance has been addressed has been through the adoption of economical propulsion technologies, such as CNG (compressed natural gas).
Public transit agencies, in a bid to increase their performance, safety, and customer satisfaction levels, while also reducing costs, may opt to use transit contractors, such as National Express Transit, to provide vehicles, drivers, managers, and other employees, and additional critical resources. The use of transit contractors can offer a range of benefits to transit agencies, and these public/private arrangements may help increase the overall agency performance.
- Why is MaaS Important? [Infographic]
- The Future of Public Transportation in America
- Bus Driver Reached One Million Mile Club Status
- 5 Critical Advantages of Proper Fleet Management
- Kango Announces $3.6 Million Series A Funding Led by National Express LLC.
- infographics (2)
- News (9)
- rural transit (1)
- fleet management (3)
- Transit Software (2)
- Transit Workforce (6)
- Fixed Route (1)
- Transit Technology (15)
- Paratransit Company (4)
- Transit Industry Trends (24)
- on-time performance (1)
- Fleet Asset Management (4)
- Transit Operations (27)
- Transit Company (7)
- Transportation Technology (9)
- paratransit (6)
- Uncategorized (1)
- transportation services (10)